[NJ ASIST] Welcome to NJ ASIST!

Chirag Shah chirags at rutgers.edu
Sat Nov 15 12:36:28 EST 2014

Dear fellow NJ ASIST member,

Welcome to our newly formed email list. This is a default opt-in list, which means if you are an ASIST member with New Jersey as your regional chapter, you are automatically added to it. However, you can leave this list any time you like (see the bottom of this message for links). To post on this list, send an email to njasist at mail.asis.org.

Here is some useful information about your organization:
Our website is at http://www.asis.org/Chapters/nj/ <http://www.asis.org/Chapters/nj/>
Current officers:
Chair:			Chirag Shah
Treasurer: 		Ziad Matni
Secretary/Archivist:	Michael McWilliams
Webmaster:		Robin Naughton
Publicist:			Dongho Choi

In addition, we have three advisors: Nick Belkin, Marija Dalbello, and Lilia Pavlovsky.

The last event we organized was in May and now we are working on planning a couple of more events in the new future that benefit and bring together our members. The first one on the list is a social gathering/networking event on Wednesday, December 17th. This event will actually be organized as two or three satellite events at different places in New Jersey. We already have confirmations for Jersey City for North NJ, New Brunswick for Central NJ, and we’re looking into a place for South NJ. On that day, at these locations, we will gather at a local bar/restaurant for happy hour. More details will follow soon, but for now, please save the date. Also let me know if you are interested in leading the South NJ gathering.

Thanks for reading this far. You’ll hear soon about the happy hour gathering in December. Meanwhile, if you have any suggestions for events or other ideas to enhance your experience in this organization, feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
Chirag Shah, PhD
Assistant Professor
School of Communication & Information (SC&I)
Rutgers University
4 Huntington St, New Brunswick NJ 08901
p. (848) 932-8807	f. (732) 932-6916
http://comminfo.rutgers.edu/~chirags