[Neasis-l] SLA New England Chapter Program: Game Collections at Hampshire College on April 22nd

Khalilah Gambrell gambrell9899 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 12:32:24 EDT 2016

Good day all

Game Collections in libraries are growing in popularity not just in
academics but in public and special libraries due to the increase in number
and variety of video and board games available for both entertainment and
education. We have the wonderful opportunity to discuss the “ins and outs”
of developing and maintaining a video and board game collection with
Heather McCann, Interdisciplinary Science Librarian at Hampshire College’s
Harold F. Johnson Library. She will give us an overview of the collection
development process, her collaboration with game development faculty and
the challenges of providing access to items that often have over 100
pieces. Concluding discussion, attendees will have the opportunity  to have
lunch and play games. We hope you can attend and we also encourage you to
share the invite with your peers.

*Location*: Hampshire College – Harold F. Johnson Library, 893 West St,
Amherst, MA

*Direction*:
https://www.hampshire.edu/discover-hampshire/directions-to-hampshire-college

*Date/Time*: Friday, April 22, 2016 / 10:30 am – 1:00 pm
10:30 – 11:00 Registration
11:00 – 11:30 Presentation
11:30 – 11:45 Q&A
11:45 Lunch and Let the Games Begin
*Cost: No Fee *

*RSVP by*: Wednesday, April 20th at
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/gamecollectionSLANE

*Questions/Contact*: Khalilah Gambrell, Chapter President,
gambrell9899 at gmail.com

Regards,

Khalilah

Khalilah Gambrell