[Neasis-l] Timeline JS Workshop in May

Annie Erdmann erdmann at simmons.edu
Wed May 6 09:20:08 EDT 2015

Learn how to create a visually-rich, interactive timeline at NEASIS&T's May
meetup!  We're going to walk you through using TimelineJS
<http://timeline.knightlab.com/>, an open-source, web-based timeline
creation tool developed by the Northwestern University KnightLab.  It is
customizable and flexible with options for various skill levels.

Timelines are very useful, appealing devices for depicting a series of
chronological events and pulling together a narrative.  Here are a just few
timeline ideas you can create during our workshop:

·         the life of an elderly family member

·         the plot of Gabriel García Márquez’s One Hundred Years of Solitude

·         the evolution of wireless technology

·         the history of your company/organization

·         the most significant character developments of your favorite tv
character

·         the discovery of vaccines

·         the history of the MBTA

*Please RSVP through our Meet-Up page