[Neasis-l] Come discuss consumer information behavior and privacy with NEASIST

Kate Nyhan knyhan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 17:38:28 EDT 2015

Join us to meet up next week with Dr. Xinru Page, an expert in
location-based services and consumer privacy expectations. We'll hear a
short presentation of Dr. Page's research, and then discuss privacy and
human-computer interaction. Want to hear about the privacy paradox and how
organizations like libraries might design new location-based services --
and persuade patrons to use them? Then join us on Monday!

*WHEN*: Monday, April 13, 6 - 7:30 PM, drop-ins welcome!
*WHERE*: Simmons College, 300 Fenway
Room P-316 -- the Collaboratory, in the Palace Road Building
*WHO*: Everyone is invited! Students, professionals, and researchers; HCI
experts and HCI novices; NEASIST members and non-members -- anyone who
wants to talk about privacy and information behavior!
*WHY*: Because we need to think about information behavior if we want to
design effective services and outreach -- and there will be snacks!

Dr. Page won this year's I-School's Doctoral Dissertation Award
<http://ischools.org/the-iconference/program/dissertation-award/> for *Factors
that Influence Adoption and Use of Location-Sharing Social Media
<http://www.ics.uci.edu/~kobsa/phds/page.pdf>* -- but you don't need to
read the dissertation to come to the meetup (although you might find
yourself wanting to afterwards!). Check out her website here
<http://www.ics.uci.edu/~xpage/> to learn about her experience in industry
and academia. You can find these links and get more information from our
Meetup page <http://www.meetup.com/neasist/events/221650320/>, where RSVPs
are welcome, but not required.

Questions? Email Kate Nyhan, nyhan at post.harvard.edu