[Neasis-l] Data Visualization Event 1/15/15: Get to know your presenters!

NE ASIST neasist at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 16:50:30 EST 2014

Librarians, knowledge managers, informationists and others have already
started registering for Data Visualization: How to Do It and Do It Well.
Should you? Yes, because our presenters are amazing! Look below for details
about one great presenter, or check our website
<http://www.eventbrite.com/e/data-visualization-how-to-do-it-and-do-it-well-tickets-14838896539?aff=eac2>
for the rest.

*WHEN*: January 15, 2015 ||| Thursday ||| 9 AM - 2:30 PM
*WHERE*: Simmons College in Boston
*HOW MUCH*: Registration $45 |||  NEASIST/SLA members $35 ||| students $15
*SO*: Register today
<http://www.eventbrite.com/e/data-visualization-how-to-do-it-and-do-it-well-tickets-14838896539>
!

*Get to know your presenters: Lynn Cherny*
Lynn Cherny has a Ph.D. from Stanford and worked as a user experience
designer for 18 years at companies including Adobe, Autodesk, and TiVo. In
the past 6 years, she has worked as a consultant
<http://www.ghostweather.com/bio.html> in information visualization, doing
data analysis and web development for interactive data projects. Lynn is
co-chair of the OpenVis Conference <http://openvisconf.com/> in Boston,
April 2015, a conference focused on open source web tools and design
practices for data visualization.

*Lynn's talk: Best Practices for Designing Data Visualization*
This talk will be a tour through some guidelines for designing data
visualizations, both static and interactive. We'll look at some principles
for visual encodings, strategies for handling different types of data, and
smart methods to design for interactivity from the ground up.