[Neasis-l] Congratulations to Jasy Liew Suet Yan (Syracuse University, School of Information Studies)--Winner of the 2013 NEASIST Student Travel Award!

Beata Panagopoulos bpanagopoulos at suffolk.edu
Fri May 31 14:06:15 EDT 2013

The NEASIS&T Student Travel Award jury is pleased to announce this year's winner!

The 2013 NEASIS&T Student Travel Award goes to:

Jasy Liew Suet Yan
http://my.ischool.syr.edu/Profiles/Preview/jliewsue
Syracuse University
School of Information Studies

for her essay addressing the questions:
    * Why she wishes to attend the 2013 ASIS&T Annual Meeting
    * How she believes she will be able to use the conference experience to further her career
    * How might NEASIS&T or ASIS&T benefit if she receives the award

Jasy's essay was well-written and persuasive.  She begins her essay by explaining that "one of my research streams  looks at how information scholars study information and technology, two components that are actively being discussed by this community.  The ASIS&T Annual Meeting is the perfect place for me to present a poster highlighting my preliminary work in this research stream and to gain feedback from seasoned information scholars to advance my research.  Another stream of my research delves into the detection and visualization of affective information especially in social media.  There is a growing group of like-minded researchers in Social Informatics whose research I am interested to tap into."

Jasy will receive up to $750 to help defray the costs of attendance at the 2013 ASIS&T Annual Meeting, "Beyond the Cloud: Rethinking Information Boundaries" which takes place November 1-6 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.  http://asist.org/asist2013/am13cfp.htm

Congratulations to Jasy Liew Suet Yan for her excellent essay!

Finally, many thanks to the wise and diligent jury members: Lisa Junghahn and Karie Kirkpatrick

Beata Panagopoulos
NEASIST Student Travel Award Competition Jury Chair

Beata Panagopoulos
Assistant Director, Technical Services
Sawyer Library
Suffolk University