[Neasis-l] TONIGHT! Celebrate with NEASIST, 5:30

Remlee Green remlee at mit.edu
Mon Sep 26 11:20:01 EDT 2011

Hi, all,

Have you heard the good news that NEASIST is an award-winning chapter??  (Yes, again!!)  We're also hoping that members of the Simmons student chapter will join us to celebrate winning their own award!

Come join in a lively (and informal) gathering tonight to celebrate a few of our successes this year!

When:
Tonight - Monday, September 26, 5:30-7:30pm
Come and go at your leisure!
Don't recognize us?  Look for Wonder Woman!  (We may be upstairs.)

Where:
Meadhall
4 Cambridge Center
Cambridge, MA 02142
http://themeadhall.com/

The gathering is to celebrate three great ASIS&T awards!

2011 Chapter of the Year Award
NEASIST received this ASIS&T honor for hosting a number of well-attended events including book clubs, social events, and presentations, and for engaging in outreach activities  targeted at members and non-members alike.

2011 Chapter Innovation of the Year
NEASIST received this honor for our meet-up, "All Things e-Readers." We gathered to share experiences of reading on Kindle, iPads, Nooks, smart phones, and other devices; and shared ideas on how to negotiate licenses, catalog books on Kindle, and manage patron expectation for using devices and accessing material.

Congratulations also to the Simmons GSLIS ASIS&T chapter for winning the Student Chapter of the Year Award! Simmons ASIS&T had a very successful year, hosting a number of heavily attended events, with some well known names, including Peter Suber and Nicole Hennig.

Remlee Green
User Experience Librarian
MIT Libraries
http://libraries.mit.edu