[Neasis-l] NE-ASIS&T Book Club Night: Summer

William Helman helman2 at simmons.edu
Tue Jun 16 14:52:54 EDT 2009

NEASIS&T Book Club Night: “The Long Tail”
Friday, July 24, 5:30-7:00pm
Cambridge Brewing Company, 1 Kendall Sq # 100 Cambridge, MA 02139
http://www.cambrew.com/

Join us for our summer instalment of the NEASIS&T Book Club Night!  We will
be discussing the insightful, and exciting, book "The Long Tail" by
*Wired* editor
Chris Anderson.  Anderson examines the phenomenon where "our culture and
economy are increasingly shifting away from mainstream products and markets
at the head of the demand curve toward a huge number of niches in the
tail... As costs of production and distribution fall, especially online,
narrowly targeting goods and services can be as economically attractive as
mainstream fare." (WorldCat summary).

If you can, read the book ahead of time…  If not, come anyway!  Those who
have read it can enlighten the rest of us.  Check out more details and
reviews in the links below.

The book is available from several local libraries:
WorldCat: http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/65187392
Minuteman: http://library.minlib.net/record=b2647693~S1

Please RSVP to helman2 at simmons.edu by the morning of the event, so we can
save you a seat.