[Neasis-l] NEASIS&T Chapter Member of the Year & Meetup on June 26th &

Christine Quirion cquirion at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 13 09:17:38 EDT 2008

hello,

Thanks to all of you who came out last night for the Awards Dinner.  It was great to see so many of you in person, and Rob Wolfe's presentation was really exciting.  We'll post a link to the presentation materials on the NE ASIS&T web www.neasist.org site and blog www.neasist.org/events as soon as it is available.  Students from Simmons GSLIS recorded the event, so there will be a podcast to follow as well.

Congratulations to Lisa Harrington, who was the recipient of the Outstanding Chapter Member of the Year award for 2008.

In other news, please join us for an upcoming event on June 26th:

*-*-*-*
NEASIS&T Meetup: Greener Living through Technology
Thursday June 26th @ 5:30pm-7PM

Some say that Green is the new black.  Meanwhile, we've got more energy and resource-consuming gadgets that have become integral to everyday life.  Join us for an informal and fun meetup where we'll discuss strategies and technologies to reduce the amount of energy, paper, and other resources we consume at work and home (or by working at home).  Feel free to bring questions or ideas about what you're doing to work smarter, or links your favorite blogs and podcasts about living and working Green.

It's not mandatory but if you know you're coming and you let us know, we'll save you a seat. You can send an email to Christine Quirion at cquirion[at]mit.edu, or just find us there.  Weather permitting, we'll be sitting outside on the patio.

The Cambridge Brewery is located at:

1 Kendall Square, Bldg 100
Cambridge, MA 02139
617-494-1994

http://www.cambrew.com/

(Accessible from MBTA Red Line at Kendall station)
*-*-*-*

cheers,

-Christine

Christine Quirion