[Neasis-l] Get involved with NEASIST!

Darcy Duke darcy at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 18 16:39:16 EDT 2004

Get involved with NEASIST!

Want to help create great local programs in areas of information science
that are of interest to you?  Know a speaker you’ve been wanting to
hear?  Help plan our future programs!  We’ve sponsored programs on a
variety of topics from blogging to the future of fair use - see our list of
past programs: http://www.asis.org/Chapters/neasis/past.html

Want to become involved in the leadership of NEASIST?  Then a position on
the NEASIST Executive Board could be just what you are looking for!

We need you!  The heart of an organization is its members, especially those
who volunteer and make things happen.  Volunteering is rewarding to you as
well - you’ll get more opportunities to network with your colleagues in
ASIST, gain leadership experience, and help direct the future of our
organization.

Below are the ways you can get involved.  If you are interested in any of
the positions below, please let me know and I’d be happy to provide you
with more details.  Elections for contested board positions will happen in
late July/early August (by mail), so please respond soon.

Darcy Duke
NEASIST Chair
darcy at mit.edu 617.253.9370

Program Committee
· attend monthly planning meetings
· brainstorm and plan programs, including identifying and inviting
speakers, handling logistics, etc.
· identify sponsors
· see our past programs: http://www.asis.org/Chapters/neasis/past.html

Executive Board

Archivist: maintains the NEASIST records; attends monthly Executive Board
meetings

Membership Chair: in conjunction with the membership committee, is
responsible for the following functions:
· updates membership database
· produces a chapter membership directory
· sends letters of welcome to new members
· sends letters of congratulations to Simmons MLIS graduates
· produces mailing list labels on demand
· attends monthly Executive Board meetings, gives membership report

Secretary:
· takes minutes at the Executive Board meetings; gets drafts approved and
submits them to webmaster for posting online
· attends monthly Executive Board meetings

Other

List Administrator: maintains NEASIST-L list
· adds and removes subscribers
· approves postings