[Neasis-l] Reminder--Nominations for NEASIST Board positions due Monday, October 3

bpulliam at postoffice.providence.edu bpulliam at postoffice.providence.edu
Sun Oct 2 10:16:12 EDT 2005

Want to become involved in the leadership of NEASIST? Then a position on
the NEASIST Executive Board could be just what you are looking for!

We need you! The heart of an organization is its members, especially those
who volunteer and make things happen. Volunteering is rewarding to you as
well - you'll get more opportunities to network with your colleagues in
ASIST, gain leadership experience, and help direct the future of our
organization.

Below are the ways you can get involved. If you are interested in any of
the positions below, please let me know and I'd be happy to provide you
with more details. Elections for contested board positions will happen in
mid October,  please respond with your nominations/self-nominations no
later than October 3.

-----------------
Nominations now being accepted for:

Program Chair/Chair Elect (2 Year Term):

-Assumes primary responsibility for planning and executing Chapter
programs during    the year
-Attends monthly Executive board meetings, gives Program committee report
-Convenes monthly program planning committee meetings
-Program Chair and Chair-Elect terms run concurrently.  The Chair-Elect
automatically becomes chair   in the following year.

Membership Chair (1 year term):

Membership Chair in conjunction with the membership committee, is
responsible for the following functions:
-updates membership database, monitors membership changes, etc.
-produces a chapter membership directory as needed
-sends letters of welcome to new members and letters of congratulations to
Simmons MLIS graduates
-produces mailing list labels on demand
-attends monthly Executive Board meetings, gives membership report
-receives membership transaction reports and communicates with Headquarters
regarding any membership issues
-periodically administers surveys to membership

Secretary (1 year term):
-takes minutes at the Executive Board meetings; gets drafts approved and
submits them to webmaster for posting online
-attends monthly Executive Board meetings

Treasurer  (1 year term):
-maintains the Chapter's financial accounts
-must be aware of Society policies regarding Chapter finances and financial
reporting
-submit timely financial reports to Board and Headquarters as required per
Chapter Manual

--------------

Are you more of a behind the scenes person?

Know a speaker you've been wanting to hear? Join our program committee and
help plan our future programs in areas of information science that are of
interest to you. We've sponsored programs on a variety of topics from
blogging to the future of fair use - see our list of past programs:
http://neasist.org/past.html

Cheers,

Beatrice Pulliam
Nominations Committee Chair