[MNASIS-L] Security conference June 5-6 ASIST discount

Ann Treacy atreacy at treacyinfo.com
Mon May 1 11:54:20 EDT 2006

Hi folks!

We received the following offer - I phoned the sponsors and they seemed
really nice. If we get 5 ASIST members to attend then we are invited to talk
a little bit about ASIST. So, please let me know if you plan to attend. Also
I got the feeling that they wouldn't be asking for your ASIST card at the
door - so I think it would be alright to share the invitation (and code)
with IT and security colleagues.

Thanks!      Ann

The University of Minnesota is partnering with IP3 to host a 2-day seminar
for IT security executives on security issues on June 5-6, 2006.

ASIST members are cordially invited to attend on a scholarship basis. IP3's
educational programs are supported through sponsorships that allow us to
offer a quality experience at a minimal investment to our seminar attendees.
For the cost of workbook and courseware, ASIST local chapter members can
attend the 2-day seminar for the discounted price of $100 ($895 value).

This scholarship offer covers cost of registration, 300-page workbook and
security tools CD. Interested colleagues should register at our website at:
http://www.ip3seminars.com/s2r.htm, using the special Registration Code
ASIS&T80.

A copy of the course outline can be printed out from IP3's website along
with location/address of the seminar.  Once registration is submitted, each
person receives a receipt or invoice via email for $100.

And, for those local members who have little or no budget for traveling this
year, ASIST members have the option to subscribe to our innovative and
educational podcasts that are continually updated every month.  With a
one-year subscription, members will receive access to cutting-edge,
comprehensive podcasts that deal with the most important and critical IT
security issues.

Cost of the podcast subscription is $595 and includes a 30GB Apple iPod, 5
topical podcasts with interviews and commentary from leading legal scholars,
relevant podcasts with input from our knowledgeable sponsors, and commentary
from IP3's CEO, Ken Kousky, on newsworthy and critical topics.  It also
includes our widely respected Cyberlaw series (a $995 value) which covers
the following topics:

*	Western Law
*	Tort
*	Contract Law
*	Intellectual Property
*	Illegal Framework for Data Protection
*	Privacy Law
*	Cybercrime and Forensics

Please feel free to distribute this information to your membership, and if
you have any questions or concerns, please call me at 800-473-5181 or send
an email.

Regards,

Michael L. Brown
Dir. of Business Development