[MNASIS-L] ASIST speaker series - July 12 5-6:30 - at Pad Thai

Ann Treacy atreacy at treacyinfo.com
Mon Jun 27 19:16:05 EDT 2005

"And Now for Something Completely Different" brain food sampler series

Tuesday July 12 5:00-6:30

Speaker - Garrick Van Burren on podcasts, wikis, RSS, and blogs

We want to invite everyone to a speaker series. The goal is to showcase
different information-related jobs and topics. The target audience is
twofold: folks who are scoping out potential careers and folks who want to
stay up on things in case someone at work asks and/or they are expected to
become (or know) an expert in a given area.

The format is informal, roundtable discussion. We will ask each speaker to
spend 30 minutes answering the following questions:

*         Who are you?

*         What do you do?

*         How did you get there?

*         How could I do or learn to do what you do?

*         If I needed to hire you or someone like you, what should I know to
make me a smart consumer?

Then we'll open it up for questions from attendees.

The July speaker is Garrick Van Burren Principal Behavior Strategist at
Working Pathways Inc, a social software consulting and customer research
firm. When Garrick isn't evangelizing podcasts, wikis, RSS, and weblogs, and
he's assisting clients including Target, Sam's Club, Orbitz.com, and 3M.
Garrick is a frequent contributor to the Working Pathways' Work Better
Weblog (http://workingpathways.com/workbetter ) and MNteractive.com

Here are the details: