[Eurchap] Reminder: Opinion poll: Information Science is....?

Isabella Peters ipe at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Wed Sep 14 10:14:39 EDT 2016

This is a gentle reminder to submit your definitions until September
25th
and thanks so much to all of you who already submitted a their
definitions!

Since I have received several requests:

The two definitions can be the same but they do not necessarily have to be.

Consider the first as the one which you would teach and the second as the
one you truly believe J

Maybe this helps framing your responses
.

Looking forward to reading from you!

Best

Isabella

****

Dear colleagues,

again, I need your help (and this time it is a personal request :)).

For the panel “Tomato tomahto: European perspectives on information science”
at the AM2016 organized by our chapter member Julian I would like to gather
and condense information on how EUChap members  perceive the concept
‘information science’ from their particular point of view and specific
background. I will categorize the descriptions and definitions and major as
well as outstanding viewpoints will be presented during the panel. I hope
that this will lead to a map of concepts related to ‘information science’
providing a ‘visual’ starting point for discussion among panelists and the
audience.

Hence, please send me an email (
<mailto:ipe at informatik.uni-kiel.de%3cmailto:ipe at informatik.uni-kiel.de>
ipe at informatik.uni-kiel.de<mailto:ipe at informatik.uni-kiel.de> or
<mailto:i.peters at zbw.eu%3cmailto:i.peters at zbw.eu>
i.peters at zbw.eu<mailto:i.peters at zbw.eu>), tweet to me

(@isabella83) or answer the post on Facebook (
<https://www.facebook.com/asisteurochap/posts/1113447328722104>
https://www.facebook.com/asisteurochap/posts/1113447328722104)

by completing following two sentences:

1)      “Information Science is
.”

2)       “Information Science for me is
”

All responses received by September 25th, 2016 will be taken into account
for the analysis.

Please also indicate whether you would like to stay anonymous – the default
option is that contributors will be acknowledged in the presentation slides.

Of course, I will let you know about the results.

Thank you in advance for your help – cheers Isabella

***

Prof. Dr. Isabella Peters

Professorin für Web Science

Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel (CAU Kiel)

Institut für Informatik

AG Web Science (R. 506)

Hermann-Rodewald-Str. 3

24118 Kiel

T: +49 431 880-7286

E: ipe at informatik.uni-kiel.de

Web: http://www.ws.informatik.uni-kiel.de/de

ZBW Leibniz-Informationszentrum Wirtschaft

Düsternbrooker Weg 120

24105 Kiel

T: +49-431-8814-623

E: i.peters at zbw.eu