[Eurchap] Opinion poll: Information Science is....?

Isabella Peters ipe at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Fri Sep 2 08:15:06 EDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

again, I need your help (and this time it is a personal request J).

For the panel “Tomato tomahto: European perspectives on information science”
at the AM2016

organized by our chapter member Julian I would like to gather and condense
information on how

EUChap members  perceive the concept ‘information science’ from their
particular point of view

and specific background. I will categorize the descriptions and definitions
and major as well as

outstanding viewpoints will be presented during the panel. I hope that this
will lead to a map of

concepts related to ‘information science’ providing a ‘visual’ starting
point for discussion among

panelists and the audience.

Hence, please send me an email (ipe at informatik.uni-kiel.de or
i.peters at zbw.eu), tweet to me

(@isabella83) or answer the post on Facebook
(https://www.facebook.com/asisteurochap/posts/1113447328722104)

by completing following two sentences:

1)      “Information Science is
.”

2)       “Information Science for me is
”

All responses received by September 25th, 2016 will be taken into account
for the analysis.

Please also indicate whether you would like to stay anonymous – the default
option is that

contributors will be acknowledged in the presentation slides.

Of course, I will let you know about the results.

Thank you in advance for your help – cheers

Isabella

***

Prof. Dr. Isabella Peters

Professorin für Web Science

Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel (CAU Kiel)

Institut für Informatik

AG Web Science (R. 506)

Hermann-Rodewald-Str. 3

24118 Kiel

T: +49 431 880-7286

E: ipe at informatik.uni-kiel.de

Web: http://www.ws.informatik.uni-kiel.de/de

ZBW Leibniz-Informationszentrum Wirtschaft

Düsternbrooker Weg 120

24105 Kiel

T: +49-431-8814-623

E: i.peters at zbw.eu