[Eurchap] cfp iFutures conference in Sheffield

Sheila A Webber s.webber at sheffield.ac.uk
Fri May 31 08:16:21 EDT 2013

With apologies for cross-posting.

iFutures is a one-day conference being held on Thursday 25th July in
Sheffield to mark the 50th anniversary of the founding of the
Information Studies department (now known as the Information School)
at the University of Sheffield.

Run by and for doctoral students in the Information Science community,
and based on the theme of "The Next 50 Years," our aim is to create an
event for the IS researchers and practitioners of the future to
explore the potential impact of our research, and determine how we can
help shape our discipline, both in academia and beyond. More details
can be found on the conference website:
http://ifutures.group.shef.ac.uk/.

We are delighted that Diane Sonnenwald, Chair of Information & Library
Studies at the School of Information and Library Studies at UCD,
Dublin, and Vanessa Murdock, Principal Applied Researcher at Bing
(Microsoft) will deliver the keynote speeches at the conference.

The call for papers is now open; applicants should be doctoral
researchers. The selection of papers, posters and presentations will
be based on abstracts, which should be submitted by Sunday 16th June
2013 (NOTE this is a later deadline than originally published).
Successful authors of papers will then be invited to submit a short
paper of up to 1500 words, which will be published in our open access
conference proceedings. Poster and Pecha Kucha presenters will also
have the option of submitting a paper for publication. A prize of 100
pounds sterling worth of Amazon Vouchers will be awarded for the best
submission in each category (runners-up prizes will also be awarded).
Full details of the submission process can be found on the conference
website at http://ifutures.group.shef.ac.uk/

We hope that the conference will offer you a valuable opportunity to
gain conference presenting experience, network with your peers from
other institutions, and get feedback on your work in encouraging
environment. A full programme, along with registration details, will
be sent out shortly.

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to contact
Simon Wakeling at s.wakeling at sheffield.ac.uk, or via the iFutures
email address (ifutures at sheffield.ac.uk).