[Eurchap] Fwd: [SIGMETRICS] FW: Join the Impact Factor Insurrection; Sign DORA

Michel Menou michel.menou at orange.fr
Wed May 22 04:26:14 EDT 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[SIGMETRICS] FW: Join the Impact Factor Insurrection; Sign DORA
Date: 	Wed, 22 May 2013 05:03:43 +0200
From: 	Loet Leydesdorff <loet at LEYDESDORFF.NET>
To: 	<SIGMETRICS at LISTSERV.UTK.EDU>

Adminstrative info for SIGMETRICS (for example unsubscribe):
http://web.utk.edu/~gwhitney/sigmetrics.html Join the Impact Factor
Insurrection; Sign DORA

Fyi.

Best,

Loet

    *From: *ASCB Information <ascbinfo at ascb.org <mailto:ascbinfo at ascb.org>>
    *Date: *Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:54 PM

    *Subject: *Join the Impact Factor Insurrection; Sign DORA

    Dear ASCB Current and Lapsed Members,

    ASCB is leading a "scholarly insurrection," with the San Francisco
    Declaration on Research Assessment, DORA for short, to reduce the
    impact of journal impact factors (JIF) on scientific assessment. Our
    allies include AAAS, HHMI, EMBO, and numerous other societies,
    institutions, and individuals. JIF were created for buying library
    subscriptions, but they have been misused as an all-purpose metric
    to assess the quality of science. This is deeply flawed, so the
    coalition wants to steer the scientific community back to a focus on
    the /content /of papers/,/ not the impact factor of the journal
    where they happen to be published.

    Please help us spread the word about DORA: http://am.ascb.org/dora/
    <http://ASCB.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yMzYxNjc4JnA9MSZ1PTc2ODM2MDYwNCZsaT0xMjExNTkwMw/index.html>.
    We hope you will sign the declaration, and encourage all your
    scientific colleagues to do so as well.

    We started with 155 individual and 78 institutional signers. In
    three business days, the numbers have grown to over 800 and over
    100, respectively. But we are aiming for 5,000 signers, so we need
    your help!

    Thanks for helping ASCB and the entire scientific community with
    this important initiative.

    Stefano Bertuzzi
    ASCB Executive Director

    The American Society for Cell Biology
    8120 Woodmont Avenue, Suite 750 | Bethesda, MD 20814-2762, USA
    Phone: 301-347-9300 | Fax: 301-347-9310 | ASCB Website
    <http://ASCB.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yMzYxNjc4JnA9MSZ1PTc2ODM2MDYwNCZsaT0xMjExNTkwNA/index.html>
    *To unsubscribe from all future ASCB general information emails
    click here
    <http://ASCB.informz.net/ASCB/default.asp?action=u&email=garciaml@missouri.edu&mi=2361678&fid=836>.*

    Twitter
    <http://ASCB.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yMzYxNjc4JnA9MSZ1PTc2ODM2MDYwNCZsaT0xMjExNTkwNQ/index.html>Facebook
    <http://ASCB.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yMzYxNjc4JnA9MSZ1PTc2ODM2MDYwNCZsaT0xMjExNTkwNg/index.html>

    Informz for iMIS
    <http://pod3.informz.net/z/cmVkOC5hc3A_dT03NjgzNjA2MDQmbWk9MjM2MTY3OCZsPTE/index.html>

The Science of Team Science (SciTS) listserv facilitates conversation
among individuals who are engaged in, studying, or managing team
science, in the US and internationally. The listserv is maintained
collaboratively by the SciTS Team at the National Cancer Institute,
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, Behavioral Research
Program (http://cancercontrol.cancer.gov/brp/scienceteam) at the NIH,
the Northwestern University Clinical and Translational Sciences (NUCATS)
Institute(http://www.nucats.northwestern.edu), the Northwestern
Institute for Complexity (NICO) at Northwestern
University*/(/*http://www.nico.northwestern.edu
<http://www.nico.northwestern.edu>), and the Science of Networks in
Communities (SONIC) Research Group at Northwestern University
(http://sonic.northwestern.edu).

TO SUBSCRIBE:
Send an email with a blank subject line to: listserv at list.nih.gov
<mailto:listserv at list.nih.gov>. The message body should read: subscribe
SciTSlist [your full name]. Please do not include the brackets. For
example, for Robin Smith to subscribe, the message would read: subscribe
SciTSlist Robin Smith. You will receive a confirmation email.

TO UNSUBSCRIBE:
Send an email with a blank subject line to: listserv at list.nih.gov
<mailto:listserv at list.nih.gov>. The message body should read: SIGNOFF
SCITSLIST.

TO POST TO THE LISTSERV:
Send an email to SciTSlist at list.nih.gov <mailto:SciTSlist at list.nih.gov>.
Any subscriber may post to the list.

TO VIEW THE ARCHIVES:
To view the archives of all previous postings, go to:
http://list.nih.gov/archives/SciTSlist.html

TO RECEIVE MESSAGES IN A DAILY DIGEST:
The default setting sends you each message as it is posted to the
listserv. To receive one daily digest, instead, go to:
http://list.nih.gov/cgi-bin/wa.exe?SUBED1=SciTSlist&A=1 and select
"digest" as your subscription type.

TECHNICAL PROBLEMS WITH YOUR SUBSCRIPTION?
Contact the list administrator, Judy Kuan, at: kuanj at mail.nih.gov
<mailto:kuanj at mail.nih.gov>. Please be sure to state that your email is
in reference to the SciTS listserv.