[Eurchap] Re: Joint LIDA Meeting with ASIST-EC 24-30 May 2003

Tefko Saracevic tefko at scils.rutgers.edu
Sat Feb 8 15:59:28 EST 2003

Hi,
This is great. I am suggesting to Tatjana to include this announcement on
LIDA website.
Emil suggests a workshop on Knowledge centers - is this for LIDA or ASIST
day? I am not sure if workshop on resumes is relevant to that audience.
What will be a more detailed program for ASIST day? As it stands now, I am
planning to arrive to Zagreb on 23 May - we have a commencement the day
before and I have to be there. I hope I can catch a plane right afterwards.
Thus, I am not sure if I will then make it to the whole ASIST day on 24
May. I will try, but my schedule just at that time is tight.
Best,
Tefko

At 04:01 PM 2/8/03 +0100, Emil Levine wrote:
>Dear Colleagues,
>
>ASIST-EC has approved funding ($1300) in order that the European Chapter
>of ASIST can join the 2003 LIDA Conference in Dubrovnik. A new
>announcement concerning this joint effort will be made in a few days.
>
>The first part of LIDA, 25-27 May 2003, will be held in Dubrovnik and the
>second part, 28-30 May 2003, the conference moves to island Mljet, less
>than a two hour ride from Dubrovnik on a fast catamaran. Pre-conference
>workshops are planned for 25 May 2003. The conference will be expanded to
>begin 24 May to accomodate the ASIST-EC meeting and participation
>(planning currently underway for this).
>
>See
><http://knjiga.pedos.hr/lida/venues.htm>http://knjiga.pedos.hr/lida/venues.htm
>for information on LIDA 2003.
>

>Attached also is the submission made to ASIST Headquarters for this project.
>

>These are my ideas for this project, which will primarily take place on
>Saturday, 24 May 2003 in Dubrovnik:
>
>I would suggest that the ASIST day be devoted to role of professional
>organizations in career development. We could have a brief history
>of ASIST, then a panel of ASIST members who would be attending the meeting
>discussing the impact of ASIST on their careers.
>
>Would suggest a workshop on resume writing.
>
>As part of a membership drive, the chapter would subsidize any student who
>joins ASIST at this meeting, by paying perhaps $10 of that fee.
>
>I would hope Kora Golub would report on her experience at ASIST and
>opportunities for advanced study in the USA.
>
>I would hope to have someone from US Embassy Zagreb outline requirements
>for study and employment
>in the USA in this field (and perhaps someone from EU and UK).
>
>AND I WELCOME OTHER SUGGESTIONS AND VOLUNTEERS TO ASSIST IN THE PLANNING.
>
>Please advise Tatjana and me if you will be attending this meeting and can
>assist on the ASIST day.
>
>Emil Levine
>ASIST European Chapter Advisor
>Vienna, Austria
><mailto:emil.levine at chello.at>emil.levine at chello.at

Tefko Saracevic, Ph.D.
Professor II
School of Communication, Information and Library Studies
Rutgers University
4 Huntington Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08903  U.S.A.
                 Tel.: (732)932-7500/ Ext. 8222