[Eurchap] Status Report

Emil Levine emil.levine at chello.at
Sun Nov 10 11:40:32 EST 2002

Dear Colleagues,

We have no nominations for Chapter Chair. I request again nominations by 12 November.

We will have a meeting at 12 noon on Monday November 18 at the ASIST annual meeting. The meeting room will be posted on the conference bulletin board.

I do not have an agenda yet, but key items will be the LIDA meeting next May, and our role. Any suggestions for agenda?

Key to the continuation of this chapter is fund raising. If we wish to continue sponsoring a student to ASIST, and having a student member in each country,
we need additional funds. We need $1500 to participate in the LIDA meeting. This will bring to the meeting an internationally recognized information scientist.
If your ogranzation can contribute ($100-$500), please advise me. You will get recognition on our website and at LIDA.

See http://www.netmask.info/asis/announcements/lida2003.htm

We need a webmaster for our site. I would hope this is a good student project. We have no funds to further support this effort.

Emil Levine
ASIST European Chapter Advisor
Vienna, Austria
emil.levine at chello.at