[Chapters-l] Congratulations to NEASIST!

Cassidy Sugimoto cassidysugimoto at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 20:47:23 EDT 2011

Dear Chapters:

It is my pleasure to announce that the 2011 Chapter of the Year Award
goes to the New England Chapter of ASIS&T. This Chapter hosted a
number of well-attended events this year including book clubs, social
events, and presentations. These events were made possible by
regularly scheduled and well-attended business meetings. The detailed
meeting minutes provide an excellent example to other Chapters. The
chapter was engaged in outreach activities, targeted at members and
non-members alike. Such initiatives included a travel award geared to
students. The support of students in all Chapter activities was noted
by one reviewer as the Chapter’s investment in the future of our
society. The chapter is also commended for its involvement in national
governance and events. The energy of the chapter was visible in their
use of social media, which serves as an excellent vehicle for outreach
and recruitment. For these well-executed outreach, recruitment, and
support activities, we would like to honor the New England Chapter
with the 2011 Chapter of the Year Award!

The award committee would also like to commend the European Chapter of
ASIS&T, LACASIST, and CO-ASIST for their efforts over the past year.
We are delighted to see such energetic and enthusiastic Chapters.

Best,
Cassidy R. Sugimoto
Director, Chapter Assembly

--