[Chapters-l] ASIS&T Annual in Columbus: Chapter Assembly Meeting is on Sunday, Oct. 26 at 8:30 a.m.

Beata Panagopoulos beata_panagopoulos at Harvard.Edu
Wed Sep 3 17:54:53 EDT 2008

Dear chapter leaders,

1) In the preliminary program for the ASIS&T 2008 meeting in Columbus, OH
that was recently mailed out, it says that the Chapter Assembly meeting
begins at 10 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 26.

Unfortunately, that time is wrong.  The meeting begins at 8:30 a.m. (It's
correctly listed on the ASIS&T website).

I hope many of you will be able to make it to the Chapter Assembly.  There
is important business to take care of at this meeting including Chapter
Assembly awards, elections, and leadership recognition.

2) Don't forget the Leadership Development Program later that same day.
Sunday, Oct. 26., 5:30-6:30 pm (free, but advance registration is
required)  See  http://www.asis.org/Conferences/AM08/leadership.html

"Inside the ASIS&T Leadership" with your host, Amy Wallace

What does it take to be a SIG or Chapter officer? What inspired winners of
the Watson Davis Award to become stars in the association? How did Cretsos
Award young leaders get their start in ASIS&T? Watch Amy interview such
luminaries as Suzie Allard, Samantha Hastings, Michael Leach, and Candy
Schwartz as they reveal the secrets behind successful careers. Questions
from the audience will be welcome.

Hear what successful leaders have to say on the next "Inside the ASIS&T
Leadership."

3) And because there is never enough time for discussion at the formal
Chapter Assembly meeting,  we'll continue sharing our experiences and
practices at the annual Chapter Leaders Breakfast.

This year the Chapter Leaders Breakfast will be on Tuesday morning, Oct.
28 at 7-9 a.m.  You are ALL welcome, but please RSVP asap so that we can
plan for the appropriate amount of food.  Past attendees can attest to the
quality of this great breakfast.  It's really worth it to get up so early!

I will send out the agenda soon.

***ALSO, two requests related to your lists of chapter officers.

1.  Please check the ASIS&T website to see who we have currently listed as
your chapter's officers.  We need to know now if this is accurate, so that
we create certificates of recognition for the appropriate people, and

2.  Please send me the list of your chapter's newly elected officers as
soon as you know who they are.  Chapter officer elections should be held 6
weeks before ASIS&T Annual.

Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks!
Beata

Beata Panagopoulos
ASIS&T Chapter Assembly Director

Head of Technical Services