[Chapters-l] Chapter/SIG logos for ASIST Annual - CLARIFICATION

Caryn Anderson caryn.anderson at simmons.edu
Fri Jun 15 11:15:46 EDT 2007

Dear SIG and Chapter Officers,

There has been some discussion about guidelines for making SIG/Chapter
images for stickers to attach to badges at ASIST Annual. We'd like to
clarify that this idea was much more informal than official logos.

The point of these images is to have each group stand out as a unique
image that colleagues could recognize on the name badges of others
during the conference. If you'd like to incorporate ASIST logos or
colors (maroon is PMS 201 or RGB 990033), that's fine, but it might make
it more difficult to distinguish your group from all the other ASIST
groups at the conference.

Our intention was for each group to be creative and have fun with
designing something. The only requirements were that it be 1" square and
that it be submitted as a .jpg or .gif.

We were expecting logos that might have images that are relevant for
your state or region (Chapter), like outlines of your state or state
flower or bird or slogan, or your topic (SIG). Remember, this should be
simple and fun - an opportunity to bring your members together to be
creative and express the personality of your group.

SENDING LOGOS

We had expected there would be a way to upload images through the
conference page, but that page is not yet up, so please send your
images/logos directly to Heather Pfeiffer at:

hdp at cs.nmsu.edu

Please include answers to the following questions:

   1) Contact person who will address any problems with logo:

   2) Email for contact person:

   3) Chapter or SIG name:

   4) Minimum number of copies of the logo needed for the
      conference:

   5) Guess of maximum number of copies of the logo needed for the
      conference:

   6) How much is Chapter or SIG donating to New Members/New Attendees
      Brunch [$50 - $150]?

   7) Will Chapter or SIG be sending a representative to the New
      Members/New Attendees Brunch?

I hope this helps to clarify, but if you have any questions, please
contact Heather (hdp at cs.nmsu.edu) or myself (caryn.anderson at simmons.edu)
directly.

Thanks!

Heather Pfeiffer