[Chapters-l] Indiana ASIS&T Chapter event: "Websites Th at t Work" -- registration now open!

Pascal V. Calarco pcalarco at nd.edu
Tue Oct 24 13:18:55 EDT 2006

**Please excuse duplicate posting.**

Please join us for our Fall 2006 program on library user-centered design
on November 17, 2006 at the Community Education Coalition Columbus
Learning Center in Columbus, IN (4555 Central Ave., Columbus, IN).

This is a joint program sponsored by the Indiana Chapter of the American
Society for Information Science & Technology, and the Indiana Online
Users Group.

Registration Information for the Fall Program is now online.
http://www.iolug.org/2006fall.html

"Websites Th@ Work: User-Centered Design"

Libraries have been designing their web-presence for more than a decade.
How do we approach our Internet presence now?  Usability, Adaptive
Technology, and Audiences of all ages impact how we design our sites.

Keynote:
Frank Cervone (Northwestern University)
"Moving Beyond Usability: Reaching Out to People in a Fragmented
Information Space"

Speakers:
Ian McKinney (Allen County Public Library)
"Exploding the Myth of the Teen Superuser: Web Design for a Teen Audience"

Kristi Barber (ATTAIN)
"Accessible Websites and Adaptive Technology"

Pascal Calarco and Aaron Bales (University of Notre Dame)
"Do It Yourself Usability Workshop: A Hands-on Approach"

Schedule for the Day:

9:00 -- 9:30 Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:30 *10:00 I-ASIS&T and IOLUG Business Meetings
10:15 * 11:30 Keynote Speaker * Frank Cervone
11:30 * 12:30 Lunch and Networking
12:30 * 1:20 Speaker * Ian McKinney
1:20 * 2:10 Speaker * Kristi Barber
2:10 * 2:30 Break and Networking
2:30 * 3:20 Speaker/Workshop * Pascal Calarco and Aaron Bales
3:20          Tours of Columbus Learning Center

Cost: $25 for current ASIS&T and IOLUG members
         $45 for all others.

Registration Information for the Fall Program is now online.
http://www.iolug.org/2006fall.html

Pascal V. Calarco, MLIS
Head, Library Systems & Faculty of Economics Liaison
University Libraries of Notre Dame/
Michiana Academic Library Consortium
Notre Dame, IN USA 46556-5629
e-mail: pcalarco at nd.edu tel.: 574-631-3409