[Chapters-l] What does it mean to be an ASIS&T chapter in an electronic age?

beata_panagopoulos at Harvard.Edu beata_panagopoulos at Harvard.Edu
Fri Jun 2 12:29:19 EDT 2006

Dear past and present chapter leaders,

In two weeks. the ASIS&T Executive Board will be having a retreat.  One of
the possible topics for consideration is "What does it mean to be a chapter
in an
electronic age?"   Naturally, this will not be a very informed discussion
if we don't first have YOUR ideas and feedback.

Amy Wallace has come up with a few more specific questions to get the ball
rolling.  Please answer to the list, so we can get a discussion going.  If
you have your own questions to add to the mix, that would be great.

We're going to follow up this discussion with a conference call.  The
conference call will be limited to 6-8 Chapter Leaders and we still have
room for 3 more people.  So, if you're interested in participating in the
conference call Tuesday, June 13, 2:30-3:30 p.m. EST.

Here are some questions to consider-

1. What are some successful strategies, technology etc. that are helping
bring together people from large geographic areas?

2. How has technology helped your chapter does business more effectively or
effieciently?

3. What is the value of the chapter when someone can do online workshops,
programs?

4. What is the added value of a chapter when we have online newsletters and
publications?

5. What if all the chapters were dismantled?  What would your members miss?

Thanks very much for your valuable participation!

Beata

Beata Panagopoulos
ASIS&T Chapter Assembly Director

Head of Technical Services