[Carolinas_asist] Save that Date - April 23 Friends and Lecture

Deborah Swain swainham at msn.com
Mon Apr 11 19:28:38 EDT 2016

SAVE THAT DATE! You are cordially invited by the ASIST Carolinas Chapter
(CC: ASIST) and “Friends of MIS” for an early Saturday evening reception and
lecture at the RENCI  (Renaissance Computing Institute) in Chapel Hill, NC
on April 23, 2016 starting at 5:30
pm  Our guest speaker is Rebecca Vargha, who will talk about “The Future of Our Profession
in the Digital Age.”

This
is our opportunity to come together as Friends in North and South Carolina: business
partners, employers, academic leaders, members of ASIS&T, SLA, LIS alumni,
and graduate students to share ideas and news. We encourage spouses
and family to join us, too.

There
will be plenty of parking and interesting snacks.

Rebecca
Vargha is the Librarian at the University of North
Carolina at Chapel Hill’s School of Information and Library Science (SILS) and an
adjunct faculty member. Ms. Vargha is a graduate of NC Central University’s Masters
of Library Science (MLS) degree program. She is active in the Special Libraries
Association (SLA) locally, nationally and globally. She is a past president of
SLA; immediate past chair of SLA's leadership management division; chair for
SLA's Museums, Arts and Humanities Division; archivist for the North Carolina
SLA Chapter; and serves as faculty advisor for the SLA Student Group at
SILS.

This event is sponsored by CC: ASIS&T in
collaboration with the NC Central University Student Chapters of ASIS&T and
Special Libraries Association (SLA). This is the third Robert M. Ballard
Lecture by the SLA.

Please
RSVP by April 20 to: Ms. Puspanjali Khatri, pkhatri at eagles.nccu.edu or Dr. Deborah Swain, (dswain at nccu.edu;
919-530-7502). No charge though contributions to CC: ASIS&T will be appreciated.

Location and Directions: The RENCI develops and deploys advanced technologies
to enable research discoveries and practical innovations. RENCI partners with
researchers, policy makers, and technology leaders to engage and solve the
challenging problems that affect North Carolina, our nation and the world. An
institute of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, RENCI was
launched in 2004 as a collaborative effort involving UNC-Chapel Hill, Duke
University and North Carolina State University.

RENCI
Anchor Facility, 100 Europa Drive Suite 540, Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
Contact number: 919- 445-9640.
Directions and link: http://www.renci.org/about/locations/renci-anchor-at-europa-center

 A flyer is attached. Feel free to share. See
you in two weeks!

Best wishes,  Deborah Swain (Carolinas ASIST executive
committee member)