[Asistregional] ASIST Regional Meeting at Rutgers - 19 February - Program Outline

Leach, Michael R. mrleach at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Jan 28 16:49:06 EST 2016

Dear ASIST Regional Planning Folks,

   First off - I've cc:d Jan Hatzakos from ASIS&T HQ; she'll be able to help us create the registration form/page once we've nailed down pricing, etc.

   I've also cc:'d Annie, Roz, Beata and Kate from the New England Chapter - I'd like them to see what we are planning; if any of you four would like to be added to the "ASIST Regional" discussion list (our means of communication - even if you just want to observe [we have other members just observing from Ohio, Missouri, etc.], let me know).

   And I've further cc:'d Jon Simons, of the currently inactive Potomac Valley Chapter; Jon is looking for help revitalizing this Chapter - perhaps seeing how this program comes together, and networking with us, we can do something similar in the VA/MD/DC area.

   The Long Island University and Drexel University student chapters appear to be dormant - this program could help pull them together and revitalize them.

   I've added a few more folks to this discussion list, including Qiping Zhang of Long Island University - welcome.

   Attached is the latest update on the program for February 19th at Rutgers.   We just need to nail down a couple more speakers and we are all set.

    Pricing of the various programs - let me suggest, and please, all of you chime in, the following:

For the morning workshops (either the UX or the Creativity/Innovation workshop): $25 each

For the two afternoon panels (either the Multicultural or the Wearable IT): $15 each

Full day: $50 [which includes lunch]

    I'm expecting to market the Multicultural panel to local public librarians as much as possible, which is why I'm keeping that price low.  Potential numbers of attendees are listed in red on the program outline.

   The Long Island University and Drexel University student chapters appear to be dormant - this program could help pull them together and revitalize them.   Perhaps we can tap into Chapter development funds to help pay for dinner or attending this program for "x" amount of students from any of the local students chapters (I'll add Pratt to this, too, although I know they are busy).

    Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Critiques? Etc?

    Thanks.

Michael

Who's heading up this program, along with Chirag

Past Director, Chapter Assembly

Past President, ASIST

Michael Leach
Head, Collection Development
Cabot Science Library, Harvard University
1 Oxford St., Cambridge, MA 02138 USA
1-617-495-0791 (phone); mrleach at fas.harvard.edu