[Asist-announce] ITI Offer, JASIST and Bulletin TOC's

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Thu Dec 6 11:15:32 EST 2012

QUICK note: Information Today, our publisher, is offering holiday discounts,
including on the ASIS&T books. Using the code provided and ordering online,
price is even better than the member price on ASIST books through Jan. 7,
2013:

“ I wanted to let you know we are discounting all Information Today, Inc.
books an additional 33% off the already discounted web order price from
November 28 through January 7, 2013, when you order online. The discount is
good on an unlimited number of orders placed during the sale period and with
more than 150 titles available on our website, I'm sure you will find
something that interests you.

*	ITI and CyberAge Books <http://books.infotoday.com/books/>
*	American Society
<http://books.infotoday.com/books/index.shtml#index>  for Indexing (ASI)
Books
*	American Society for Information <http://books.infotoday.com/asist/>
Science & Technology (ASIST) Books
*	Plexus Publishing <http://www.plexuspublishing.com/>

“When you check out at our online store, use the promo code ITIFW12. Don't
forget that we are also offering free standard shipping on all web orders
shipped within the continental United States. Visit our bookstore
<http://books.infotoday.com/books/>  to see what's available.

”Lastly, visit the ITI Books Blog <http://booksblog.infotoday.com/>
featuring frequent posts from our authors and editors.

-------

Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology

© 2012 ASIS&T

Volume 63, Issue 12 Pages 2351 - 2558, December 2012

RESEARCH ARTICLES

Rapid understanding of scientific paper collections: Integrating statistics,
text analytics, and visualization (pages 2351–2369)

Cody Dunne, Ben Shneiderman, Robert Gove, Judith Klavans and Bonnie Dorr

Science is all in the eye of the beholder: Keyword maps in Google scholar
citations (pages 2370–2377)

José Luis Ortega and Isidro F. Aguillo

A new methodology for constructing a publication-level classification system
of science (pages 2378–2392)

Ludo Waltman and Nees Jan van Eck

Evaluating the performance of geographical locations within scientific
networks using an aggregation—randomization—re-sampling approach (ARR)
(pages 2393–2404)

Stefan Hennemann

Constructing a true LCSH tree of a science and engineering collection (pages
2405–2418)

Charles-Antoine Julien, Pierre Tirilly, John E. Leide and Catherine
Guastavino

The Leiden ranking 2011/2012: Data collection, indicators, and
interpretation (pages 2419–2432)

Ludo Waltman, Clara Calero-Medina, Joost Kosten, Ed C.M. Noyons, Robert J.W.
Tijssen, Nees Jan van Eck, Thed N. van Leeuwen, Anthony F.J. van Raan,
Martijn S. Visser and Paul Wouters

Referencing patterns of individual researchers: Do top scientists rely on
more extensive information sources? (pages 2433–2450)

Rodrigo Costas, Thed N. van Leeuwen and María Bordons

Evaluating implicit judgments from image search clickthrough data (pages
2451–2462)

Gavin Smith, Chris Brien and Helen Ashman

A framework for the theoretical evaluation of XML retrieval (pages
2463–2473)

Tobias Blanke, Mounia Lalmas and Theo Huibers

Mining a multilingual association dictionary from Wikipedia for
cross-language information retrieval (pages 2474–2487)

Zheng Ye, Jimmy Xiangji Huang, Ben He and Hongfei Lin

Harnessing collective intelligence in social tagging using Delicious (pages
2488–2502)

Kwan Yi

Factors affecting the adoption of online library resources by business
students (pages 2503–2520)

Lorne D. Booker, Brian Detlor and Alexander Serenko

Sentiment analysis of twitter audiences: Measuring the positive or negative
influence of popular twitterers (pages 2521–

2535)

Younggue Bae and Hongchul Lee

The structure of argument patterns on a social Q&A site (pages 2536–2548)

Reijo Savolainen

BRIEF COMMUNICATION

A classification framework for web robots (pages 2549–2554)

Derek Doran and Swapna S. Gokhale

BOOK REVIEWS

Search User Interfaces. Marti A. Hearst. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University
Press, 2009. 404 pp. $55.00. (ISBN 978-0-521-11379-3).  Interactive
Information Seeking, Behaviour and Retrieval. Ian Ruthven and Diane Kelly
(Eds.). London: Facet Publishing, 2011. 296 pp. $89.95. (ISBN
978-1-85604-707-4) (pages 2555–2556)

Miles Efron

Looking for Information: A Survey of Research on Information Seeking, Needs,
and Behavior (3rd ed.) edited by Donald O. Case. Bingley, UK: Emerald Group
Publishing Limited, 2012. 491 pp. $84.00. (ISBN: 978-78052-654-6).  New
Directions in Information Behaviour edited by Amanda Spink and Jannica
Heinström, eds. Bingley, UK: Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2011. 320 pp.
$125.00. (ISBN: 978-1-78052-170-1) (pages 2557–2558)

Heidi Julien

The Bulletin of the American Society for Information Science and Technology
is a

December 2012/January 2013

Vol. 39, No. 2

Full Text: PDF (Size: 7mb)

  SPECIAL SECTION

Taxonomies in Practice

Introduction

by Marjorie M.K. Hlava PDF (Size: 67k)

Evaluating Classification Schema and Classification Decisions

by Denise Bedford PDF (Size: 1.7mb)

Case Study:  Developing the PLOS Thesaurus by Jonas Dupuich and Gabe Carr

PDF (Size: 622k)

Building User Experiences:  Synchronizing User Experience Design and the

Supporting Metadata and Taxonomy Infrastructure by Carol A. Hert, Gary
Carlson and Bram Wessel

PDF (Size: 149k)

Indexing Electronic Medical Records Using a Taxonomy by John Kuranz and
Barbara Gilles PDF (Size: 545k)

Building a Taxonomy for Auto-classification by Wendy Pohs PDF (Size: 2.4mb)

Building Controlled Vocabularies for Metadata Harmonization by Marcie
Zaharee

PDF (Size: 739k)

  DEPARTMENTS

Editor's Desktop by Irene Travis

President's Page 2012 President Diane Sonnenwald

President's Page 2013 President Andrew Dillon

Inside ASIS&T

  COLUMNS

IA:  On What Assumptions Do You Base Your Thinking?  Contextual Challenges
and

Strategic Possibilities by Thom Haller

RDAP:  Digital Curation Postdoctoral Fellowship - the Hybrid Role of Data

Curator by Inna Kouper

Richard Hill

ASIS&T Executive Director

1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510