[Asis-standards] More votes - hopefully last ones in 2017

Baden Hughes baden.hughes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 23:27:06 EST 2017

Hi all (yes, I'm back after a 2 year break!)

Yes to 1) ISO/DTR 21965, Information and documentation -- Records
management in enterprise architecture
Yes to 2) Approval of TC46/SC10 Resolutions
Yes to 3)  ISO/FDIS 20247, Information and documentation -- International
library item identifier (ILII)

My view is Yes to both 4) and 5), noting that they probably can't be split.
I did see the discussion on multi-part EPUB and I agree with the No vote,
but on the basis that it might go through anyway, then 4) and 5) are
sensible.

Baden

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 6:02 AM, Mark Needleman <needleman_mark at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Here are the upcoming votes I promised to send out - I think they may be
> the last ones in 2017
>
> A couple of them have short turn around times for which I apologize
>
> Mark
>
> ——————————————————————
> ———————————————————
>
> 1) ISO/DTR 21965, Information and documentation -- Records management in
> enterprise architecture
>
> Do you approve the draft for publication?
>
> This document provides a common reference for Records Managers (or
> Information Managers in general) and Enterprise Architects about
> requirements for records processes and systems. The goal is to establish
> the Records Manager as a key stakeholder in Enterprise Architecture.
>
> DUE 12/1/2017
>
> 2) Approval of TC46/SC10 Resolutions
>
> Do you approve the Draft Resolutions according to ISO/TC 46/SC 10 N 238?
>
> ISO/TC 46/SC 10 concluded its meeting in Paris, France on November 8,
> 2017. Members are being asked to review and approve the draft resolutions
> resulting from the meeting. The resolutions are in ISO/TC 46/SC 10/N 238.
>
> Do you approve the draft resolutions according to ISO/TC 46/SC 10/N 238?
>
> DUE 12/1/2017
>
> 3)  ISO/FDIS 20247, Information and documentation -- International library
> item identifier (ILII)
>
> Do you approve the technical content of the final draft?
>
> This document was developed to provide a standard way to represent an item
> in various kinds of applications in libraries or related organizations.
>
> DUE 12/11/2017
>
> 4) ISO/IEC PDTS 22424-1 EPUB 2 Preservation - Part 1
>
> Do you approve this Technical Specification of Joint JTC 1/SC 34 -
> TC46/SC4 - IEC/TC 100/TA 10 WG: EPUB?
>
> his document specifies long term preservation of EPUB publications via a
> dual strategy. First, it forbids some EPUB features, and requires some
> others, in order to make sure that the resulting EPUB documents are
> suitable for preservation.
>
> DUE 12/17/2017
>
>  5) ISO/IEC PDTS 22424-1 EPUB 2 Preservation - Part 2
>
> Do you approve this Technical Specification of Joint JTC1/SC 34 - TC46/SC4
> - IEC/TC100/TA 10 WG: EPUB?
>
> This document describes a set of metadata elements recommended for the
> long-term preservation of EPUB publications. The EPUB version this document
> applies to is 3.1.
>
> DUE 12/17/2017
>

> Reminder - We voted NO on the multipart EPUB standard itself

   Hi all (yes, I'm back after a 2 year break!)
   Yes to 1) ISO/DTR 21965, Information and documentation -- Records management
   in enterprise architecture
   Yes to 2) Approval of TC46/SC10 Resolutions
   Yes to 3)Â  ISO/FDIS 20247, Information and documentation -- International
   library item identifier (ILII)
   My view is Yes to both 4) and 5), noting that they probably can't be split.
   I did see the discussion on multi-part EPUB and I agree with the No vote,
   but  on  the basis that it might go through anyway, then 4) and 5) are
   sensible.
   Baden
   On    Fri,    Nov    24,    2017    at   6:02   AM,   Mark   Needleman
     Here are the upcoming votes I promised to send out - I think they may be
     the last ones in 2017
     A couple of them have short turn around times for which I apologize
     Mark
     ââââââââââââââââââââââ
     âââââââââââââââââââ
[...]
     Â 5) ISO/IEC PDTS 22424-1 EPUB 2 Preservation - Part 2
     Do you approve this Technical Specification of Joint JTC1/SC 34 - TC46/SC4
     - IEC/TC100/TA 10 WG: EPUB?
     This document describes a set of metadata elements recommended for the
     long-term  preservation of EPUB publications. The EPUB version this
     document applies to is 3.1.
     DUE 12/17/2017
     Reminder - We voted NO on the multipart EPUB standard itself

References

   1. mailto:needleman_mark at yahoo.com
   2. mailto:Asis-standards at asis.org