[Asis-standards] Bulletin issue

ZENG, MARCIA mzeng at kent.edu
Tue Jan 19 23:45:31 EST 2016

Mark,
The time is very short for locating/inviting people to write.

Since this is the ASIST, the standards could be across various domains.
I am thinking of metadata area, which has so many new development in terms
of: schema.org¹s impact, EAD¹s new edition (which can go into the whole
LAM area), many initiatives in research data¹s metadata
(http://www.asis.org/Bulletin/Aug-14/ has a special issue, and
http://www.asis.org/Bulletin/Aug-13/, http://www.asis.org/Bulletin/Jun-12/
all on research data ), the new ontologies for VCARD, for digital rights
(ODRL) from W3C, and the whole area for provenance. Any one of the could
be extended into a piece. Too much to write all. Maybe one of the ways is
to only cover what are new since last 5 yearsŠ

There are activities in metrics (http://www.asis.org/Bulletin/Aug-12/
special issue), sciometrics, and new standards or best practices appeared,
e.g., for Altmetrics (http://www.asis.org/Bulletin/Apr-13/ special issue)
and Webometrics, not sure about standards though.
http://www.niso.org/topics/tl/altmetrics_initiative/

>From those who already contributed to these topics you may find an author
for that areaŠ

Marcia

On 1/19/16, 2:10 PM, "Asis-standards on behalf of Mark Needleman"
<asis-standards-bounces at asis.org on behalf of needleman_mark at yahoo.com>