[Asis-standards] reminder

Mark Needleman MNeedleman at flvc.org
Tue Jul 14 12:50:32 EDT 2015

just a reminder about 2 upcoming votes ( I believe I sent these out already but apologize if I didn't)

Call for participation to ISO/TC 46/SC 11/WG14 Records requirements in enterprise architecture

In accordance with resolution 02/2015-06 of the 31st ISO/TC 46/SC 11 Plenary meeting held in Beijing, China, June 2015 the National Bodies of SC 11 are kindly requested to submit their expert(s) nominations for WG14.

A document describing the new work item (NWI) is available from a link on the ballot webpage and the announcement e-mail. Note that they are looking both for records management experts and enterprise architect experts "because the NWI is about the translation of requirements from one field of expertise to another."

Participation on ISO working groups is generally done via e-mail and teleconference or videoconference. Occasionally, the WG may meet in person in conjunction with a TC46 meeting week, but attendance at the in-person meetings is not required for participation.

This call is for U.S. nominees to the Working Group. Individuals located in other countries that are interested in participating need to go through their country's member body in TC46/SC11 to be nominated.

You can nominate yourself or someone else. If nominating someone else, please get that person's agreement to participate on this Working Group before nominating. Please include in the comments field the name and full contact information for the nominee. Also, include a brief description of the individual's expertise as related to the group's planned work.

Please note: This ballot represents preliminary work item which you can re-nominate the existing experts as follows:

Rebecca Brown, Dupont
Rich Gegg, AITS
Howard Loos, Brigham Young University
Douglas G. Schultz, Noah Consulting

Your vote options are:
Yes - I want to participate or nominate someone to participate (include name, contact information, and brief description of relevant expertise of the nominee in the comments)
No - I do not want to participate or nominate anyone.
Abstain from voting
if anyone is interested in participating in this or know of someonw who would make a good member for this committee - please let me know by tommorrow night 7/15 - a document describing the proposed work item is attached

2) Approval of Proposed Work Item, Standardization of ISOSTS

This ballot is to approve a proposed new work item to standardize "ISOSTS," a specific tag set used for standards publishing, and link it officially to JATS (ANSI/NISO Z39.96-2012 JATS: Journal Article Tag Suite), a widely used specification which defines a set of XML elements and attributes for tagging journal articles and describes several article models.

Members have thirty (30) days to vote on the work item. Your vote options are: Yes (approve the project), No (do not approve the project), or Abstain (from voting). Comments are required for No votes. If you would like to nominate someone to participate on the Working Group (if the project is approved), please provide a name and contact information in your comments. NISO Working Group participation is not limited to NISO members.

Following Draft Standard review and subsequent NISO Voting Member ballot, if approved, a Maintenance Agency or Standing Committee will be appointed for future review and maintenance of the Standard(s).

The proposal was approved by the Content and Collections Management Topic Committee on June 26, 2015, and is now being sent to the NISO voting membership for agreement to begin a new work project and to elicit expressions of interest in participating in the work.

I need input, a recommendation for a vote - and contact information if anyone would like to particpate in this - or knows of anyone

I need this by 7/30 - I have attached the proposed work item to this message

Mark