[Asis-standards] ISO votes

Mark Needleman MNeedleman at flvc.org
Thu Aug 20 08:16:30 EDT 2015

Folks

Hearing no objections (or comments) I just voted YES on the publication of

ISO/DIS 18461, International museum statistics

we have until tommorrow night to change our vote if anyone disagrees with it

Also besides the standards coming up for a vote I sent you recently there is one more

ISO/FDIS 7098 Information and Documentation - Romanization of Chinese

This is a ballot for the TC46/WG3 draft standard, ISO/FDIS 7098, Final ballot for approval before publication of ISO 7098 Information and documentation - Romanization of Chinese

This International Standard explains the principles of the Romanization of Modern Chinese Putonghua (Mandarin Chinese), the official language of the People's Republic of China as defined in the Directives for the Promotion of Putonghua, promulgated on 06-02-1956 by the State Council of China. This International Standard can be applied in documentation of bibliographies, catalogues, indices, toponymic lists, etc.

This is expected to be the final draft of this standard and if approved, it can proceed directly to publication.

Your voting options are:

Yes - approve for publication [comments optional and should be editorial]
No - do not approve for publication [comments required and should be substantive]
Abstain from voting [comments optional]

I have attached relevant documents to this note
Comments and a recommendation for a vote needed by 9/3/2015

If anyone needs copies of the other standards I sent out just let me know

Mark