[Asis-standards] FW: IMPORTANT: Please review your vote on the WARC standard and consider changing to REVISE - deadline September 8

Thornburg,Gail thornbug at oclc.org
Thu Sep 4 17:23:17 EDT 2014

That makes sense to me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Asis-standards [mailto:asis-standards-bounces at asis.org] On Behalf Of Baden Hughes
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2014 5:51 PM
To: Mark Needleman
Cc: asis-standards at asis.org
Subject: Re: [Asis-standards] FW: IMPORTANT: Please review your vote on the WARC standard and consider changing to REVISE - deadline September 8

I am familiar with this subject matter (web archiving and preservation) and am aware there is still some considerable difference of opinion between some major users which tend to be national and state collecting institutions.

I had separately and recently heard that some others were planning to request revision and their particular points of contention and I suggest on that basis we should change our vote to revise to allow these issues to be attempted to be resolved.

Baden