[Asis-standards] more votes

Baden Hughes baden.hughes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 21:12:13 EDT 2014

I know Peter and his work well, and would absolutely support this
nomination - uniquely qualified - ie I think we should vote YES.

> 2)  SC11/WG8 Title/Scope Change and Leadership Nominations
>
> Several years ago SC11 moved their standards into "Management system
> standards" (MSS). In ISO, MSS are designed to provide a complementary group
> of standards that together "provide a model to follow when setting up and
> operating a management system"--in the SC11 instance on Records Management.
>
> Two WGs were established at that time to develop the underlying base
> standards for the MSS: WG8 Management systems for records - Fundamentals
> and vocabulary and WG9 Management systems for records - Requirements. Each
> of these groups completed their initial standard deliverable. For future
> deliverables, it was decided in a resolution at the May 8 meeting in
> Washington, DC that the two groups should merge into WG8 and the scope and
> title be modified accordingly. It was further resolved to nominate Carlota
> Bustelo (Spain) as Convenor and Judith Ellis (Australia) as Project Leader
> and Secretariat Support of WG8. See the reference document included with
> the ballot for more specifics on the new title and scope.
>
> This ballot is to ask for approval on this resolution. Your voting options
> are: YES - approve the scope/title change and the leadership (comments
> optional) NO - do not approve (comments required)
>
> Comments due by 6/19 ( again I don't see a problem with this)

Again, knowing a little of the history and one of the convenors, I think we
should vote YES.

> 3)  NISO Board of Directors Vice Chair Election (2014-2015)
>

> Do you support the election of Mike Teets (OCLC) as NISO Vice Chair for the
> 2014-2015 term.
>

> Pursuant to the NISO Bylaws and following an open call for candidates, the
> Nominations Subcommittee of the NISO Board of Directors puts forward the
> following candidate for the position of Vice Chair of NISO for the term
> from July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015. The candidate will then become Chair of
> the NISO Board for the term from July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016, then serve
> one additional year as Past Chair.
>
> Voting members may select up to one candidate from this ballot.
>
> Mike Teets is the only candidate nominated ( but we do have the option of
> writing a name in if anyone has any thoughts on that
>

> Comments needed by 6/26

No particular issues with this, I don't know Mike personally, but he has
the right profile.

4)  2014 Official Ballot NISO Board of Directors Election

> Do you support the election of the following Directors for the 2012-2015
> term?
>
> Pursuant to the NISO Bylaws, the Nominations Subcommittee of the NISO
> Board of Directors puts forward the following candidates for the position
> of Director of NISO for the term from July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2017. Voting
> members may select up to three candidates from this ballot.
>
> Comments due by 6/26 - my own personal sense is not to have 2 publisher
> representatives on the board as in the current list of candidates - we can
> vote fro up to 3 candidates either from those listed on we can write a name
> in
>
> Relevant documents attached to this note

I agree on the principle of balance that we should not have 2 publisher
reps, except if they have completely divergent interests. I don't see that
here between Elsevier and EBSCO. Pick either one, and then go with the
Loyola and ITHAKA reps.

Baden