[Asis-standards] ISO votes

Mark Needleman-UF mneedlem at ufl.edu
Thu Feb 27 07:31:06 EST 2014

Folks

I just cast the following votes - if anyone has any disagreement with them
we have until 2/28 (tomorrow) to change our votes - just send a message
indicating what your disagreements are

Mark

1)      Systematic Review of ISO 11940:1998 (vers 3), Information and
documentation -- Transliteration of Thai - Revise

ASIST supports the comments provided by ALA in 2008

2)      Systematic Review of ISO 999:1996 (Ed 2, vers 3). Information and
documentation -- Guidelines for the content, organization and presentation
of indexes -Revise

ASIST supports the comments provided by NFAIS

3)      Review of ISO 5963:1985 (vers 4), Documentation -- Methods for
examining documents, determining their subjects, and selecting indexing
terms - Withdraw

ASIST agrees with the comments provided by other organizations saying the
standard should be withdrawn

4)       Systematic Review of ISO 15706-1:2002 (vers 2), Information and
documentation -- International Standard Audiovisual Number (ISAN) -- Part 1:
Audiovisual work identifier - Revise

ASIST agrees with the comments from the IDF regarding the need to revise the
standard to take account of market developments since the standard was last
affirmed