[Asis-standards] more ISO ballots

Mark Needleman mneedlem at ufl.edu
Tue Feb 26 13:01:37 EST 2013

Folks

a couple of more ISO votes coming up in March

1) Reactivation of TC46/SC10 Physical Keeping of Documents

This is a ballot to determine the U.S. position on the reactivation of
this subcommittee and to obtain comments on the proposed scope and
justification.

2) ISO/CD 24517-2.4, Document management — Engineering document format
using PDF — Part 2: Use of ISO 32000-2 including support for long-term
preservation

This is Part 2 of a multi-part standard that defines a file format for
the exchange of engineering documents based on the PDF format for
various communities working with engineering documentation. This part of
ISO 24517 introduces the new “Encrypted Document” conformance level,
otherwise referred to as PDF/E-2s. PDF/E-2 documents are not permitted
to be encrypted in order to enable proper archiving. This part of ISO
24517 extends the capabilities of Part 1. It is based on PDF version 2.0
(as defined in ISO 32000-2) rather than PDF version 1.6 (which is used
as the basis of Part 1).

Note we can only provide comments on this since TC46/SC11 is a liaison
so we can not actually vote

I have attached the relevant documents to this note - comments needed by
March 25

mark