[Asis-standards] Fwd: [NISO nisovoting] Groups - Ballot opened: "Approval of Proposed New Work Item: Standard Interchange Protocol (SIP)"

Landesman, Betty (NIH/OD/ORS) [E] landesb at ors.od.nih.gov
Thu Mar 15 10:52:31 EDT 2012

I'm not so sure, but I'm not too sound on the technical aspects of what I'm about to say.  I think that while SIP was developed by 3M, it is used by other vendors - I think our Innovative self-checkout uses it.  And there were issues of HOW it uses it for implementation.  If my understanding is right, and I'm the first to admit that I'm not on sound technical ground, it would be advantageous to standardize it.

Just my $0.02 worth, I totally bow to others' more informed thoughts.

Betty Landesman, M.A., M.L.S., M.S.
Digital Resources and Metadata Coordinator
National Institutes of Health Library/Office of the Director
Office of Research Services
Building 10, Room 1L05
10 Center Drive, MSC1150
Bethesda, MD   20892-1150