[Asis-standards] ISO vote on ISO 25577

Mark Needleman mneedlem at ufl.edu
Mon Feb 27 09:20:19 EST 2012

Folks

having not received any comments (my apologies if someone sent some but
i searching my email and could not find any) - and having read through
the standard myself - I votes YES on

Systematic Review ISO 25577:2008, Information and documentation —
MarcXchange

If anyone did send comments - or thinks we should vote differently -
just let me know -- we have until 3/1 to change our vote

So far 2 organizations have voted to revise the standard with the comment:

Suggest the Standard is revised, in order that a Working Group can
consider the implications for MarcXchange of the recent announcement by
Library of Congress of the program to "rethink the future of
bibliographic control, including the MARC 21 communication formats", see
http://www.loc.gov/marc­/transition/news/framewo­rk-051311.htm

Mark