[Asis-standards] ISO Systematic Review Votes

Mark Needleman mneedlem at ufl.edu
Mon Aug 20 09:02:16 EDT 2012

Folks

there are a bunch of ISO systematic review votes due at the end of
August: ( these are all existing standards up for review)

Systematic Review of ISO 5122:1979, Documentation -- Abstract sheets in
serial publications

  Systematic Review of ISO 7144:1986, Documentation -- Presentation of
theses and similar documents

Systematic Review of ISO 7275:1985, Documentation -- Presentation of
title information of series

  Systematic Review of ISO 18:1981, Documentation -- Contents list of
periodicals

Systematic Review of ISO 1086:1991, Information and documentation --
Title leaves of books

***Systematic Review of ISO 15924:2004, Information and documentation --
Codes for the representation of names of scripts

Systematic Review of ISO 5123:1984, Documentation -- Headers for
microfiche of monographs and serials

  Systematic Review of ISO 215:1986, Documentation -- Presentation of
contributions to periodicals and other serials

  Systematic Review of ISO 6357:1985, Documentation -- Spine titles on
books and other publications

Systematic Review of ISO 2384:1977, Documentation -- Presentation of
translations

Systematic Review of ISO 7220:1996, Information and documentation --
Presentation of catalogues of standards

I dont recall if i sent you copies of any of these - but if i didnt and
anyone wants a copy of any of these let me know.

My recommendation is that we abstain from all of them due to lack of
expertise (although if anyone has any opinion on how we should vote let
me know

The one exception to this is ISO 15924 - Codes for the representation of
names of scripts - which we may want to vote on. I have attached a copy
of the current version of the standard to this message

I need comments and opinions by 8/30

Mark