[Asis-standards] ISO/DIS 25964-2, Information and documentation — Thesauri and interoperability with other vocabularies — Part 2: Interoperability with other vocabularies

Foster Zhang fzhang at jhu.edu
Wed Apr 25 09:57:43 EDT 2012

Fully agree to what you said.

Thank you for sharing.

Foster

-----Original Message-----
From: asis-standards-bounces at asis.org [mailto:asis-standards-bounces at asis.org] On Behalf Of Mark Needleman
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:25 AM
To: asis-standards at asis.org
Subject: [Asis-standards] ISO/DIS 25964-2, Information and documentation — Thesauri and interoperability with other vocabularies — Part 2: Interoperability with other vocabularies

Folks

I just submitted a YES vote on

ISO/DIS 25964-2, Information and documentation — Thesauri and interoperability with other vocabularies — Part 2: Interoperability with other vocabularies

to be published as an ISO standard

I read the document and added a comment to the vote:

We believe that this is another example of an ISO standard that doesn't really standardize anything and thus does not rise to the level of something that should be made an ISO standard. However, Since it lists ISO 25964-1 (which is an ISO standard in the Normative References, it needs to be an ISO standard due to ISO requirements. But we believe it would make more sense if this was published as something like a technical report or guidelines document.

If anyone disagrees with this let me know ASAP since we have a few days in which we can revise our vote

mark