[Asis-standards] some more ISO votes coming up in 2012

Baden Hughes baden.hughes at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 07:46:19 EST 2011

My recommendations are below for this series of standards … Regards, Baden

Systematic Review ISO 832:1994, Information and documentation --
Bibliographic description and references -- Rules for the abbreviation
of bibliographic terms
comments due 2/27/2012	Recommend ASIS&T vote CONFIRM
Systematic Review ISO 15707:2001, Information and documentation --
International Standard Musical Work Code (ISWC)
comments due 2/27/2012	Recommend ASIS&T vote CONFIRM
ISO 15489-1:2001, Information and documentation — Records management —
Part 1: General
comments due 2/27/2012
	Recommend ASIS&T vote REVISEDepending on interpretation of the level
of description of both records, processes and systems, it is possible
to interpret ISO 15489-1:2001 as not requiring any revision or updates
as a result of the issues raised by either the Ad Hoc group or
Carslile’s commentary. However given that ISO/TR 15489-2:2001 is more
likely to be revised, I would recommend we vote REVISE for the core
standard  as it makes sense to consider changes across the two
documents in the same revision process.
ISO/TR 15489-2:2001, Information and documentation — Records
management — Part 2: Guidelines
comments due 2/27/2012	Recommend ASIS&T vote REVISEThe issues raised
by the Ad Hoc group are particularly obvious in ISO/TR 15489-2:2001,
and it requires substantial revision to remain relevant to modern
information management practices.