[Asis-l] Job Posting: Librarian I, Washington DC

Katy Davis katy.davis at libgig.com
Wed Mar 28 17:29:31 EDT 2018

Apologies for the cross-posting...

LAC Federal is seeking a Librarian I for a temporary four-month assignment at a federal library in Washington, D.C. This position is looking for a generalist to perform library duties such as reference, patron support, marketing and event planning. This is a full time (40 hour a week; Monday-Friday) contract position. Work will be performed on site.

Responsibilities:
*         Assisting event planning and the creation and management of webinars and reports for agency and library events
*         Helping develop a roster of potential speakers for agency functions, collecting data and analyzing usage statistics on events and library resources
*         Promote the library and its print and digital collections through various branding, marketing, and promotional activities
*         Assist with general library duties including manning the reference desk and assisting patrons in-person or via telephone and email
*         The selected librarian will be trained in position; prior experience is valued but not required

Qualifications:
*         The candidate should have two full years of progressively higher level of graduate education towards a master's in library science or equivalent degree (e.g., L.L.B. or J.D.)
*         1-2 years of experience recommended (but not required for recent graduates)
*         The candidate should be highly-motivated, capable of working independently, and responsive to customers' needs
*         Strong written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills, including the ability to write succinct, straightforward, and clear copy for marketing materials
*         Ability to multi-task and work on a wide range of projects at one time.

Note:
*         Selected candidate with MLS degree will have Librarian I title; selected candidate with no MLS degree but meeting minimum requirement will have Library Paraprofessional title.

To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/7bSGZi

Katy Davis
Recruiting Assistant
LibGig - LAC Group