[Asis-l] Arizona's iSchool is hiring an Assistant Professor (non-tenure eligible)

Hong cui hong1.cui at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 19:34:19 EDT 2017

*Arizona's iSchool is hiring an Assistant Professor (non-tenure eligible)!*

*Job Description*
The School of Information invites applications for a one-year contracted
position of Career Track (Non-tenure Eligible) Assistant Professor
beginning spring 2018, teaching a 4-4 load. This position will require both
online and face-to-face teaching, that includes repeated courses and and
other strategies meant to manage faculty workload. This position provides
health insurance, tuition reduction and other benefits. Salary is dependent
upon qualifications and experience. Appointment of this NTE Assistant
Professor position will be recommended largely on evidence of teaching
skills and training, depth of knowledge in a particular specialty, and
capacity to undertake high quality teaching and service. This NTE Assistant
Professor appointment qualifies for renewal and promotion through a
university managed system of promotion for continuing faculty. Renewal of
this one-year contract is possible and planned, though not guaranteed to
occur, dependent on curricular need, faculty consideration, and enrollment
figures.

The School of Information is an academic unit in the College of Social and
Behavioral Sciences at the University of Arizona, Arizona’s only public
land grant university. The School’s mission: “As Arizona’s iSchool, we
collaborate across disciplines, drive critical research and development,
and educate the information intellectuals and professionals of tomorrow to
further positive social change that is rooted in the places where we live
and that impacts the world.”

*Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance
plans; life insurance and disability programs; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction
for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional
retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and
more!*

The University of Arizona has been listed by Forbes as one of America’s
Best Employers in the United States and WorldatWork and the Arizona
Department of Health Services have recognized us for our innovative
work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of
Arizona, please *click here* <http://www.whyua.arizona.edu/>.

*Duties & Responsibilities *
Teaching (80%): The incumbent will be asked to teach undergraduate courses
primarily, though may be assigned graduate courses as needed. Courses
taught may include those focused on research methods, social media use, and
online collaborative work. (4 courses per semester).
Service (20%): This position involves School of Information marketing and
recruiting as a primary service responsibility (in lieu of other
departmental committees). This will involve meeting with Directors and
marking/recruiting staff about events, materials, and new ideas. Though not
required to attend all recruiting events, there will be some expectation
for representing School of Information faculty at a few yearly events like
the spring Tucson Festival of Books or the campus ‘meet your major’ fairs.
Other expected service-related roles will include the creation of
innovative teaching materials, attending faculty meetings, etc. Additional
duties may be assigned.

*Minimum Qualifications *
PhD or EdD in Information Science, Communication, Education, or related
fields of study.

*Preferred Qualifications *
Evidence of experience teaching courses in research methods, social media,
mediated communication in organizational contexts, or Internet studies.
Experience or familiarity with faculty service and/or departmental
administration.
Commitment to preparing undergraduate students for good citizenship, work,
and life in a diverse, multicultural, and interconnected society.

*At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we
know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing
innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an
inclusive academic community. We translate these values into action by
seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse
students, colleagues and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a
wide range of perspectives and experiences, we encourage diverse candidates
to apply, including people of color, women, veterans, and individuals with
disabilities. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who
will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating
a university that values student, staff, and faculty engagement in
addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.*

Quick Link: http://uacareers.com/postings/21403

--
Hong Cui, Ph.D <http://sirls.arizona.edu/hongcui>
Associate Professor, Information Technology