[Asis-l] Drexel University College of Computing & Informatics at ASIS&T 2017 and Dublin Core

Boland,Kerry kb633 at drexel.edu
Thu Oct 26 15:50:46 EDT 2017

Drexel University College of Computing & Informatics at ASIS&T 2017 and Dublin Core

Drexel University College of Computing & Informatics (http://drexel.edu/cci) faculty and students are excited to participate at the 80th annual Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T) Annual Meeting (Oct. 27-Nov. 1) and the DCMI International Conference on Dublin Core and Metadata Applications (DC-2017; Oct. 26-29), both in Washington, D.C. Following the pattern of last year's conference in Copenhagen, DC-2017 will overlap with the annual meeting of ASIS&T.

We encourage attendees to stop by our booth at the ASIS&T Alumni Tea (Oct. 31 from 2 to 3 p.m.) to meet our faculty and students, and learn more about our academic programs.

The following faculty, students and alumni will be participating in conferences in Washington, D.C. this next week:

**DC-2017**

>> Semantic Analysis and Attribute Clustering: Developing a Data Sharing Agreement Ontology: http://dcevents.dublincore.org/IntConf/index/pages/view/sp17-nkos
Jane Greenberg, Alice B. Kroeger Professor; Sam Grabus, MS in library and information science student; Hongwei Liu, Data Science Post-Graduate Center for Visual and Decision Informatics Fellow
11th U.S. Networked Knowledge Organization Systems (NKOS) Workshop
Oct. 28, 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.

**ASIS&T 2017**

PAPERS

>> Healthy Users' Personal Health Information Management from Activity Trackers: The Perspective of Gym-Goers: https://www.asist.org/am17/sessions/health-informatics-papers/
Denise E. Agosto, professor; Yuanyuan Feng and Kai Li, PhD in information studies candidates
Oct. 30, 2017 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.

PANELS

>> Tribute to Eugene Garfield: https://www.asist.org/am17/sessions/tribute-to-eugene-garfield/
Howard D. White, professor emeritus; Katherine McCain, professor emerita
Oct. 30, 2017 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.

>> Standards and Best Practices Related to the Publication, Exchange, and Usage of Open Data: https://www.asist.org/am17/sessions/standards-and-best-practices-related-to-the-publication-exchange-and-usage-of-open-data/
Jane Greenberg, Alice B. Kroeger Professor
Oct. 30, 2017 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.

POSTERS

>> Measuring the Impact of R Packages: https://www.asist.org/am17/sessions/presidents-reception-featuring-visual-presentations-social/
Kai Li, PhD in information studies candidate
Oct. 30, 2017 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.

SESSIONS

>> The New Information State: How Information Ethics and Policy Affects Everyone: https://www.asist.org/am17/sessions/the-new-information-state-how-information-ethics-and-policy-affects-everyone/
Emad Khazraee, PhD information studies '14, assistant professor at School of Information, Kent State University
Oct. 28, 2017 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

DOCTORAL COLLOQUIUM

>> PhD in information studies candidates Yuanyuan Feng and Tim Gorichanaz were selected to participate in the ASIS&T doctoral colloquium (Oct. 31 from 8:30 to 10 a.m.).

##