[Asis-l] CfP: Workshop OZChi Mixing Quantitative with Qualitative Methods

Tamara Heck Uni DUS tamara.heck at hhu.de
Wed Oct 11 03:32:09 EDT 2017

Call for Papers

 <http://www.ozchi.org/2017/accepted_workshops/>
http://www.ozchi.org/2017/accepted_workshops/

Submission date is Oct 14th

Mixing Quantitative with Qualitative Methods. Current Practices in designing
experiments, gathering data and analysis with mixed methods reporting
(half-day)

 <http://methodshci.wordpress.com> http://methodshci.wordpress.com

In this workshop, we set up a discussion on opposing approaches to
evaluation methods in order to elicit best practice scenarios. We ask what
are the best practice methods being used in the OzCHI community to address
the complexities inherent in applying triangulation processes? If you
already work with or are considering, researching, or working with both
quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods (in academia or industry),
join us in this workshop. In particular, we look at adding qualitative to
qualitative methods to build a whole picture of user experience. We see a
need to discuss both quantitative and qualitative research because there is
often a perceived lack of understanding of the rigor involved in each. The
workshop will result in a White Paper on the latest developments in this
field, within Australia and comparative with international work.
Participants are to submit a 2-4 page position paper in the extended
abstracts format. We anticipate sharing submissions and workshop outcomes
with the HCI community.

Kind regards,

Tamara