[Asis-l] ASIS&T Announces New Executive Director

Yolande Nanayakkara yolande at asis.org
Thu May 11 14:38:44 EDT 2017

I am delighted to announce that Lydia Middleton has been hired as our new
Executive Director. Today is her first day in the office. Please see the
<http://asist.us12.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=de58424ef2e609298efbb4a00&
id=db970425f5&e=a78687f9f0> press release for more information.

Lydia is interested in hearing from members about how ASIS&T can be of
service to you. Please give Lydia a warm welcome and feel free to contact
her to share your vision and ideas for ASIS&T. She can be reached at
<mailto:lmiddleton at asist.org> lmiddleton at asist.org or 301-495-0900 x1100.

All the best,

Lynn-

Lynn Silipigni Connaway
President, 2017, Association for Information Science and Technology

OCLC . Senior Research Scientist and Director of User Research,
OCLC Research

6565 Kilgour Place, Dublin, OH USA 43017

T +1--- . M +1-303-246-3623 . F +1-614-718-7378

ASIS&T Announces New Executive Director

The Board of Directors of the Association for Information Science &
Technology (ASIS&T) is pleased to announce the hiring of Lydia Middleton,
MBA, CAE as its new

Executive Director effective May 8, 2017. Middleton was hired after an
extensive search from a pool of 200 applicants. "On behalf of the ASIS&T
Board, I am thrilled to welcome Lydia Middleton as our new Executive
Director." Reported Lynn Silipigni Connaway, ASIS&T Board President. "Lydia
brings a wealth of experience leading non-profit scholarly and professional
associations. She has increased revenue and expanded membership by
introducing new opportunities for sponsorships, collaboration, and
engagement. As ASIS&T celebrates its 80th anniversary, the Board believes
Lydia is the best person to lead us into a new period of growth and
increased offerings for our members."

Ms. Middleton has served as an Executive Director with the American Academy
of Orthotists and Prosthetists, the Association for University Programs in
Health Administration and

the David A. Winston Health Policy Fellowship. She also serves as an Adjunct
Faculty member at the George Washington University.

"I am tremendously excited to be joining the team at ASIS&T" remarked
Middleton. "ASIS&T is an organization which has had a long and successful
tradition of service to the

information science community. I look forward to continuing that tradition
while seeking new opportunities for member engagement, strategic growth and
enhanced impact for

the organization."