[Asis-l] The Rutgers University iSchool Welcomes PhD Applications for Fall 2016

BRENDA SHERIDAN brenda.sheridan at rutgers.edu
Mon Dec 14 07:31:07 EST 2015

The Rutgers University iSchool Welcomes PhD Applications for Fall 2016

The Library & Information Science Department in the School of Communication
& Information at Rutgers University, Rutgers’ iSchool, invites creative and
forward-thinking individuals to apply for the Ph.D. in Library and
Information Sciences.
Application deadline for Fall 2016 enrollment: *Jan. 15, 2016*

Located in New Brunswick, NJ, within 90 minutes drive/train to both NYC and
Philadelphia, Rutgers University’s iSchool provides an excellent
environment for research in such areas as:

Human Information Behavior;
Information Retrieval, Language and Communication;
Information Agencies and Artifacts;
Learning, Youth, Information and Technology; and
Social and Community Informatics.

The School of Communication and Information offers competitive funding to
doctoral students for four years of $25,000 or more in stipend or salary
annually, full tuition remission, and health insurance. Doctoral students
are also eligible for support for academic travel.

The school includes world-renowned faculty who lead and teach in these
areas. Their accomplishments are reflected in a large pool of scholarly
publications, awards and grants. Faculty have secured nearly *$20
million in grant funding* in recent years.

Listen to a podcast recorded by RU iSchool faculty outlining program
features, and learn more about the program:
http://comminfo.rutgers.edu/phd-program/lis-concentration.html

More information on Ph.D. program admissions can be found here:
http://comminfo.rutgers.edu/phd-program/admission-aid.html

A colonial school, Rutgers will celebrate it’s 250th anniversary in 2016.
There are 18 schools and colleges (including a medical school) on 2,688
acres across New Jersey. We are among the *top 25 public universities*, as
ranked by U.S. News & World Report. We are an NCAA Division I School and
a member of the Big Ten and Committee on Institutional Cooperation.

Our location in central New Jersey and close proximity to New York City
makes us ideally suited for scholars exploring all types of libraries and
information centers, as well as evolving information technologies and their
users.

For more information, contact Prof. Nick Belkin (belkin at rutgers.edu) or
Prof. Marie Radford (mradford at rutgers.edu).

--