[Asis-l] Distinguished Professor Nicholas Belkin receives ACM SIGIR Gerald Salton Award

Ross Todd rtodd at rutgers.edu
Mon Aug 31 08:30:24 EDT 2015

The School of Communication & Information (SC&I) at Rutgers University is pleased to announce that Distinguished Professor Nicholas J. Belkin received the ACM Special Interest Group on Information Retrieval's Gerard Salton Award for significant, sustained and continuing contributions to research in information retrieval. The ten other recipients of this award include SC&I's Distinguished Professor Emeritus Tefko Saracevic, as well as Gerard Salton himself, it's first awardee. An abstract of Professor Belkin's Salton Award Lecture, "People, Interacting with Information", is available in the Proceedings of the 2015 ACM SIGIR Annual Conference, at the ACM Digital Library, doi>10.1145/2766462.2767854.

Ross Todd

Dr Ross J Todd
Associate Professor and Chair, Department of Library and Information Science
Director, Center for International Scholarship in School Libraries (CISSL)
School of Communication & Information
4 Huntington Street, New Brunswick , New Jersey USA 08901
Tel: 848 932 7602, Fax: 732 932 6916
Office:  Room 201 Huntington House (184 College Av)
http://comminfo.rutgers.edu/~rtodd
Email: rtodd at rutgers.edu