[Asis-l] (New Book) Transforming Technologies to Manage Our Information: The Future of Personal Information Management, Part 2

David Schlangen schlangen at morganclaypool.com
Tue Nov 12 18:12:41 EST 2013

I am pleased to announce the latest title in Morgan & Claypool’s series on
Information Concepts, Retrieval, and Services:

Transforming Technologies to Manage Our Information:
The Future of Personal Information Management, Part 2
William Jones, University of Washington
Synthesis Lectures on Information Concepts, Retrieval, and Services
Paperback: 9781598299373 / $40.00 / £24.99
eBook ISBN: 9781627050173
October 2013, 179 pages
http://dx.doi.org/10.2200/S00532ED1V01Y201308ICR028

With its theme, "Our Information, Always and Forever," Part I of this book
covers the basics of personal information management (PIM) including six
essential activities of PIM and six (different) ways in which information
can be personal to us. Part I then goes on to explore key issues that arise
in the "great migration" of our information onto the Web and into a myriad
of mobile devices.

Part 2 provides a more focused look at technologies for managing information
that promise to profoundly alter our practices of PIM and, through these
practices, the way we lead our lives.  Read More
<http://dx.doi.org/10.2200/S00532ED1V01Y201308ICR028>

This title is available online and can be freely downloaded by students,
staff, and faculty of institutions that that have licensed the
<http://www.morganclaypool.com/page/synthesis.jsp> Synthesis Digital Library
of Engineering and Computer Science. The text may also be downloaded after a
one-time fee of $20.00 by individuals and members of institutions without
access to Synthesis. To find out whether or not your institution is
licensed, visit  <http://www.morganclaypool.com/page/licensed>
http://www.morganclaypool.com/page/licensed or follow the links above and
attempt to download the PDF.

Print copies of this book can also be purchased directly from Amazon.com and
other booksellers worldwide.

You can purchase an individual subscription to Synthesis for just $99.00 per
year. This subscription will provide you with unrestricted access to all
Synthesis titles. Please contact me if you are interested in purchasing an
individual subscription.

Please write to request review or desk copies today!

Thank you and best regards,
David Schlangen

--
David Schlangen