[Asis-l] 21st August in SL: Journal Club (12 noon) discussing SL in academia; IFLA/infolit report (1pm)

Sheila A Webber s.webber at sheffield.ac.uk
Mon Aug 20 04:46:51 EDT 2012

2 events on Infolit iSchool, Second Life (SL), on Tuesday 21st August:
a meeting of our regular journal club, discussing an article about SL
and academics, and a report back from me on the information literacy
at the IFLA conference held last week in Helsinki, Finland. You need a
SL avatar, and the SL browser on your computer, to participate.

1. Journal Club on Infolit iSchool
When:Tue, 21 August, 12:00 – 13:00 (SL time,  see
http://tinyurl.com/8gqkrgo for times elsewhere)
Where: Journal club room, Infolit iSchool
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Infolit%20iSchool/106/208/30/
Discussion led by Ridvan Ata. Paper for discussion: Herold, D. (2012).
Second Life and Academia – Reframing the Debate between Supporters and
Critics. Journal Of Virtual Worlds Research, 5(1). Available from
http://journals.tdl.org/jvwr/article/view/6156/5976

2. Report on Information Literacy at the 2012 IFLA World Library and
Information Conference (http://conference.ifla.org/ifla78)
When: 21 August, 1pm-2pm SL time (see http://tinyurl.com/8lm94nz for
times elsewhere)
Where: Infolit iSchool, Second Life:
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Infolit%20iSchool/129/242/22/
Sheila Webber (Sheila Yoshikawa in SL) will report back from the IFLA
conference

These are Sheffield iSchool Centre for Information Literacy Research Events

--
Sheila Webber, Senior Lecturer & Director of the Centre for
Information Literacy Research, Information School, The University of
s.webber at sheffield.ac.uk
Phone: +44 114 222 2641
Second Life & Twitter: Sheila Yoshikawa
The Information Literacy Weblog http://information-literacy.blogspot.com/