[Asis-l] A documentary approach of the web (video)

Laval Hunsucker amoinsde at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 2 07:25:28 EDT 2011

Thanks very much, Jean-Michel. Quite interesting ( though I was
fortunately already aware of Pédauque’s work ).

Just one question :

You wrote :

> Unfortunately, most of the Pédauque’s works are in French, . . .

???

Why in the world should this be ( or be considered to be )
unfortunate ??

[ I'd say, myself, that we should be relieved and appreciative
that these researchers*  have not chosen [ as is much too often
the case, at least in our field, and can lead to considerable
problems ] to communicate what they have to say in something
other than their own first language. And let's be honest -- we're
not exactly talking about Minangkabau or something here :-). ]

* "Roger T. Pédauque est le nom collectif d'un réseau de
scientifiques francophones travaillant dans les divers domaines
d'expertise des sciences humaines et sociales ainsi que des
sciences et techniques de l'information et de la communication."
( -- e.g. http://cfeditions.com/pedauque/ )

- Laval Hunsucker
  Breukelen, Nederland